Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 24th-"National Tortilla Chip Day"

What a great day!  I am a junk food queen, so any holiday that allows me to indulge is a good holiday.  I am so thankful that I am living today and not 50 years ago, because back in the day the only kind of tortilla chips were plain tortilla chips, and the dipping selections for these plain ol' chips lacked any specialty.  Today you have pretty much hundreds of possibilities to choose from whether it is between brands or flavors you know you will get the exact kind you are wanting.  Even if you choose plain you then have the choice between hundreds of dipping options! What a life!   I must admit that I really enjoy authentic Mexican restaurant chips.  You know, the ones that are loaded with salt and then complimented with homemade salsa. YUM!  As far as chips that you buy at the grocery store go I am partial to "Spicy Nacho Doritos!"  So whether you like the authentic or the generic enjoy a chip today!  Happy tortilla chip day!

No comments:

Post a Comment