Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 26th-"International Sword Swallower's Day"


Celebrating something I have never done or never intend to do seems silly, but I have seen it happen so here goes.  The things people try in their spare time never cease to amaze me and sword swallowing is definitely one of those things.  Who in their right mind would ever think that this would be a good idea?!  Maybe "frat boys"??  Or drunken fools back in the 1800's?  Either way today is more about celebrating living on the edge I suppose.  Yes, on the surface it is about sword swallowing and the crazies that do it, but for those of us who consider wearing a new color as a risky move, then today can take on another meaning.  I have a hard enough time swallowing an Advil so that will be how I celebrate National Sword Swallower's Day.  Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment